Adding a Simple Product
Select a product data type that best describes your product or service In this case select the simple data type.
Data Types Meanings
- Simple – covers the vast majority of any products you may sell. Simple products include, clothes, gadgets, groceries etc. Simple can also be a virtual or downloadable service
– Virtual – A service that does not require delivery. E.g online assistant
– Downloadable – This is suitable for digital products. It activates additional fields where you can provide a downloadable file. After a successful purchase, customers are given a downloadable file as a link in the order notification email.
- Grouped – a collection of related products that can be purchased individually and only consist of simple products. For example, a set of six drinking glasses.
- Variable – a product with variations, each of which may have a different SKU, price, stock option, etc. For example, a t-shirt available in different colors and/or sizes.
- Bookable Product – This covers service bookings. Client book appointments with this selection for various bookable services on day you provide. Read more about this here.
- External /Affiliate and Subscriptions Features – Not usable at the moment
In this tab you set up your prices
- Regular Price – Item’s normal/regular price.
- Sale Price – Item’s discounted price that can then be scheduled for certain date ranges. The sale expires at 11:59pm of the specified end date.
The inventory section allows you to manage stock for the product individually and define whether to allow back orders and more. It enables you to sell products and allow customers to add them to the cart to buy.
Enable Stock Management must be selected in Products Inventory Settings; otherwise, only the ‘Stock status’ option is visible in the Product Data Inventory box. When stock management at product level is disabled. You are responsible for updating the Stock Status.
Stock management features when enabled.
- Enter the Stock Quantity, and the system will auto-manage inventory and auto-updatesStock Status as Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
- Select whether to Allow Backorders.
- Low stock threshold – Enter a number upon which you are notified.
- Tick the Sold Individually box to limit the product to one per order.
This allows you to enter delivery costs to show the client if not include in the Item Price.
- Weight – Weight of the item.
- Dimensions – Length, width and height for the item.
- Shipping Class – Shipping classes are used by certain shipping methods to group similar products.
Using up-sells and cross-sells, you can cross promote your products. They can be added by searching for a particular product and selecting the product from the dropdown list:
After adding, they are listed in the input field:
Up-sells are displayed on the product details page. These are products that you may wish to encourage users to upgrade, based on the product they are currently viewing. For example, if the user is viewing the coffee product listing page, you may want to display tea kettles on that same page as an up-sell.
Cross-sells are products that are displayed with the cart and related to the user’s cart contents. As an example, if the user adds a Nintendo DS to their cart, you may want to suggest they purchase a spare stylus when they arrive at the cart page.
On the Attributes tab, you can assign details to a product to help in your product filtering or search . You will see a select box containing global attribute sets that have been created or you can create.
Once you have chosen or created an attribute from the select box, click add and apply the terms attached to that attribute to the product. You can hide the attribute on the frontend by leaving the Visible checkbox unticked.
Use Add-On to add and get specific details you need collected from your clients. You can also attach a price to the same product that come in a different color
On the right-hand side of the Add New Product panel, there are product categories in which you can place your product under. You can also assign product tags in the same way.
Add a main product image and a gallery of images. More at: Adding Product Images and Galleries.
Once done submitted posts under go quality checks. Edits can still be made under review but not once published.