Availability (what slots can be booked) can be controlled via the Availability tab. The first options allow you define dates that can be booked:
This setting allows multiple bookings at the same time. With a fixed booking of 1 day and maximum bookings per block set to 2, then each day you can accept two bookings.
If today is March 1 and you set minimum block bookable to 1 month into the future, then the first date a customer could book would be April 1. The same applies to the maximum date bookable.
Based on the unit of time set for the booking (minutes, hours or days), you can specify a period of time after a bookable slot that is unavailable for anyone else to book. For example, if you sell appointments in 1-hour blocks and wish to have a break of 1 hour between them, you can specify a buffer period.
If you prefer to add a buffer before and after your appointments, tick the Adjacent Bufferingcheckbox. This option adds the specified block both before and after each booking. Defining a buffer period of one hour between booking with adjacent buffering will result into 2 hours between bookings.
Buffer periods are always defined in the same time measurement (minutes, hours or days) chosen for blocks. If you want to have a 30-minute buffer between your 1-hour appointments, be sure to use 60-minute blocks instead of 1-hour blocks.
Depending on how you want to set up availability, this option allows you to set available by default or not available by default. Available by default means all blocks are available and you can specifically turn some off with rules, where not available by default means all blocks are not available and must be turned on through availability rules.
You have two options:
- All blocks being booked – This checks all available blocks within a duration. For example if a customer chooses to book for 5 days and 1 block is equal to 1 day, it will check availability for all 5 days.
- Starting block only – This checks the first block the user selects. For example if a customer chooses to book for 5 days and 1 block is equal to 1 day, it will only check availability for the first day.
Say you have a weekly rental, but you only allow customers to start their rental on Fridays.
- Tick the box.
- Select the day (in this case Friday), or day(s) you would like to restrict the booking to start on.
This does not affect availability; other days are still available, they just cannot be selected as the day(s) that bookings start on.
You can set up specific availability rules, such as availability for:
- Day of the week
- Specific date
To add a rule, select Add Range:
A new row is created, where you can choose a range type, from/to, whether it’s bookable or not (yes or no) and a priority number.
The from/to values differ based on the range type:
- Date range – from and to will show a datepicker/calendar selection field
- Range of days – from and to will show a dropdown of days of the week (Monday to Sunday)
- Range of months – from and to will show a dropdown of months (January to December)
- Range of weeks – from and to will show a dropdown of weeks (1 to 52)
- Time ranges – from and to will show time inputs
- Date Range with time – a time range can be set with a start date/time and an end date/time. The range will apply from the start time on the start day until the end time on the end date.
- Date Range with recurring time – a time range can be set based on a custom date range. The time range will be repeated on each day in the date range.
Note that the time ranges are not opening hours, but booking hours. If you offer 1-hour time blocks and your shop is open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, your last booking is at 5:00 pm, not 6:00 pm.
By default, Global availability rules take priority over product level availability rules and product availability rules take priority over resource priority rules. The order can be changed using the priority numbers. A lower priority, irrespective of context, overrides any other context with higher priority number. For example, a 9 will always override 10, even if 10 is on the Global level.If multiple rows have the same priority, the rules higher on the list will take priority.
Rows can be removed by clicking the X on the far right, or dragged and dropped to sort using the handle on the far left.